This is the sixth installment of 11 Things You Need to Know Before Hiring a Landscaping Company which can also be downloaded as a free eBook.
You should never hesitate to ask your Fort Myers landscaper questions. Always keep the lines of communication open. When you know what’s going on with your landscaping, you’ll not only be more satisfied with your yard, you’ll also be more knowledgeable for your future projects. Here are just a few sample questions to get you started. Do some brainstorming and you may come up with some of your own!…
- What type of soil do I have and how will that affect the landscape?
- What type of mulch is being used? How often should it be updated?
- Will my current irrigation system be sufficient for my landscape plans?
- How large will my new plants/trees grow? What sort of maintenance is required?
- How do I protect my landscape during hurricanes or freezes?
- Do I need to fertilize? How often?
- Which products should I use to maintain my outdoor kitchen, fire pit, or entertainment area?
- What’s a realistic budget for my landscape? How much will I spend on maintenance?
- Are your costs competitive with other Fort Myers landscapers?
- What should I do if I notice weeds or insects taking over my landscaping?
- How can I make my landscape environmentally friendly?
- Will this landscaping improve the resale value of my home?
Of course, these questions are not the first ones to ask. Before you get started on a major landscaping project, be sure to check the insurance and licensing credentials of your provider (see tips two and three).
When you’re asking questions and educating yourself about landscaping, you’re more likely to enjoy your yard to the fullest. And you’re less likely to be surprised by unexpected.
Are you looking for a Fort Myers Landscaper that provides services such as water features and lighting? R & R Sprinkler & Landscape is the company for you! Our landscape design team knows the right landscaping elements for our Florida climate, their knowledge of landscape installation ensures the longevity of your plants. We are dedicated to making your landscape dream a beautiful reality! You can always ask us questions. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, RandRSprinkler.com or call (239) 772-2607.