A garden focal point is a unique visual element that draws attention to the eye. The combination of garden focal points and accessories create an outdoor area that is pleasant and invites people to spend time there. A small garden should only have 1 main focal point with 2-3 accessories while a larger garden can handle more.
Garden focal points include but are not limited to the following:
1. Fire pits, fire places and outdoor cooking areas
2. Water features, water falls and ponds
3. Statues and sculptures
4. Bird houses and bird baths
5. Outdoor benches or an outdoor seating area
6. A structure like a gazebo, shed, pergola or trellis
7. Outdoor wall art
8. A large hanging pot or collection of hanging pots
9. A tree or group of foliage this is a contrasting color from the rest of the environment
10. Garden gates
There no hard rule for creating garden focal points. Be creative but don’t be over bearing. You want to create a place of serenity, not confusion. R & R Sprinkler and Landscape will be happy to help you design an outdoor area you long to spend time in. With our free design services you will be able to visualize what your outdoor space will look like before it’s constructed.